Details please. Which auction service? What domain name? Etc., Etc...
Actually the details you said never helped me to how to help you..
I need more solid details so I can assist you further.
You may use this form http://reports.internic.net/cgi/regi...lem-report.cgi.
But you need to be specific enough if not they just ignore...
Sure sounds like NameJet.com to me! I would think you would need to sign these "forms" BEFORE you bid, not after you bid and pay....
Keep documentation of everything.....
It looks like I'm being moderated...lol. My last post isn't showing up...lol.
Ok, maybe not. Anyways.... they sent this to my email:.
Congratulations you successfully won a domain auction.
The next step is for CENSORED to add the name to the appropriate account for you to manage at the sponsoring registrar. This can take up to 3 business days, but is typically much faster. You will receive an email from the sponsoring registrar with login and account information at that time.
Below you will find a summary of the domains ordered for your CENSORED account.
Type Amount Description / Status.
Domain Name Sale $80.00 I DELETED THIS / Successful.
TOTAL BILLED: $80.00 USD against your credit card.
Now somebody else has it...
3 days have passed?.
Have you set up your account on the given registrar?..
No. They were supposed to send the information to me. Thats why I started looking into it in the first place. Then when I went to login to my account at the auction service my account had been disabled...which started this frustrating path...lol...
What did you do in the middle of this? << - here what you did after this?..
This is starting to sound like a possible case of "user error". Have you tried calling their support department to attempt getting some help directly from the source?..
Yeah until now, I still hunger for the details, the op's posts are just plain details for me not the bare essentials, no registrar, at least he tell what auction service? and the most important of all is the domain.
If op can't post these details, we're all just assuming...
Were you Actually Charged? Checked your CC to see if the purchase went through. Also - where are you from? Restricted country perhaps?..
Yes. $80 dollars was charged to my account from Namejet. I also got the email confirmation saying I had won the auction. I have been in the United States since dealing with this so I'm pretty sure the US isn't a restricted country.
User error? No way. It was a total back door deal in my opinion because it was confirmed the domain was mine and then it disappeared. I have sent a long letter to Namejet, enom, icann and the guy that 'ended up' with the domain, who also owns a registrar. I doubt it will do any good but it was worth a shot to send email...
Interesting. I would definitely give them a call on Monday. Dont wait long - make them fix this ASAP...
Thanks Spade. I have already called Namejet. They have been NO help whatsoever. Thats why I sent the email out to everybody in hopes that someone will contact me that can actually help...
I also had an experience with namejet. A domain entered to my auction list somehow by mistake. I was the only one in this auction, I asked them to remove it, they refused it. This name was in the auction with me the single person for 3 days, and then my credit card was charged. I wanted to close my account, they would not like me since I had a few more domains outstanding. They never gave me back my $79 for a stupid domain. If namejet is not monopoly, then I would have moved away long time ago...
If theres no chance of getting the domain, do a chargeback..
Chargeback's are your best friend, when a business or someone has screwed you...
Download the original attachment.
Dec 5th 2008.
To Whom It May Concern:.
Do to either human error, computer error or a back door deal, I was cheated out of an auction won domain and it was given to someone else. These are the recorded events of what happened. Please read this and inform me as to what I can do to rightfully own the domain I won.
Nov 7th - I created a Name Jet account with the username of censored and placed a bid on the domain censored.
Nov 27th, 11:am The auction begins for censored.
Nov 30th, 12:09pm I win the action uncontested for the price of $80.
Nov 30th, 12:20pm I receive e-mail from NameJet.com that reads, Congratulations you successfully won a domain auction& and continues to inform me of what the next steps where to be: Add the name to the appropriate account for you to manage at the sponsoring registar. This can take up to 3 days, but is typically much faster. You will receive an e-mail from the sponsoring registar with log-in and account information at that time. Then it it lists the domain, censored, says it is successful and lists the total bill of $80 USD against my debit card.
Dec 1st - $80 USD is withdrawn from my checking account with US Bank. namejet was the company that withdrew the funds from my account.
Dec 2nd - $80 USD was returned by namejet back into my checking account with US Bank. (This was unknown to me until Dec 5th after speaking to James at NameJet).
Dec 4th, 3:17pm (Pacific Time) - After not hearing anything from Enom regarding the domain, I called NameJet and spoke to Alex (who has Enom contact information in his email) to check the status of the domain and was informed that I needed to fill out and fax to them a NameJet Authorization Form / Verified Bidder Request. The form requires I give them once again my name, address, CONTACT NUMBER, EMAIL, username and then asks me for the first and last 4 digits of my credit card. I printed the form and faxed it to 425-974-4710. There was no mention of the domain being given away or released to an auction.
Dec 5th. 2:46pm I called NameJet and spoke to James who informed that the domain had went back into auction and that someone else now owned the domain. The reason for this was that they were unable to get in contact with me, even though they had my contact number and email in my NameJet account as well as on the Verified Bidder Request Form that I send to them just one day prior.
I was told they were not able to reach me at my contact number of censored because the number was disconnected when they tried to call. This was not true and I informed James that I would contact T-Mobile to get a statement proving the number has been active and working the entire time. The story then changed and I was told that they in fact tried to call the phone number attached to my debit card and was unable to reach me. James continued to tell me that NameJet tried to call the number associated with my debit card and when they could not reach me at that number they released the domain back to another auction. NO ATTEMPTS TO CALL ME ON MY ACTUAL CONTACT NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS WERE MADE! They have all of this information on file with my account but refused to use it. That was the reason I provided them with this information in the first place.
Upon checking the whois database I found out that Cory censored (, another registar who has been stockpiling adult domains, many of which are related to this same adult niche. The registar is still Enom, INC and the domain was updated on Dec 4th 2008.
NameJet now tells me they can not retrieve the domain even though NameJet is owned in part by Enom, INC who is holding the domain.
I also subscribe to NameJets Saved Search Alert emails that inform me of ALL domains that are coming up for sale or auction with the keywords I entered into my account. censored and censored were both on my keyword list as well as others. I receive emails from NameJet daily that have the keywords I request. I have all of these mails on file and double checked them, there was NO mention of any domain with the term censored in it. The domain in question is censored. I would have received this notice if it had truly gone to auction as they say it did.
There were no phone calls made to my contact number or email address that I provided to NameJet. Not one. I was without question cheated out of this domain. I am a victim of theft and possibly fraud. One search with Google and you will see I am not the first to fall victim to such a fraud by Enom, INC. I do hope however that this case will quickly be corrected and the domain will be transferred to it's rightful owner.
The facts speak for themselves and I have phone records, bank account statements and emails to back up everything I have stated in this letter. Please consider the events and information above and let me know how we can solve this problem without legal recourse.
IMHO, since you, at this point, basically have nothing to lose, edit your above post and replace every instance of "censored" with the real details, such as the domain name and your full name.
Folks here may then be able to truly help; some public pressure on NameJet and the new owner may prompt them to address the situation to your satisfaction.
I'm still trying to work it out with them. I'm supposed to hear something back shortly but I will for sure post the domain and more details soon. Its new news to me that Enom and Namejet are in the same office. I called enom tech support and the guy I was talking to ended up spilling the beans that they were together and he even has access to my NameJet account on his computer. Pretty handy to know if you have any problems where both companies are involved. I'm crossing my fingers that these guys will get it all worked out....crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.
Also, as a side note....the story changed today too. The first guy I was talking to told me that he had in his notes that ALL of my account information was found to be invalid...lol. However, it was valid enough to receive the email saying I won, and valid enough to receive daily emails telling me of domains that have keywords I'm searching for...but not valid enough to let me know there was a 'problem' with my account....fishy...
PM sent. Thanks!!! I just got off the phone with 'support' at enom and I might as well be talking to a wall. I have went through 4 different people so far and they are all spinning me in circles. This is how a conversation went earlier today...
Dustin at Enom / NameJet - "I can't do this without my supervisor".
Me- "Then can I speak to your supervisor so I can get this resolved?".
Dustin at Enom / NameJet- "They don't do conflict so you are going to have to talk to me.".
Its crazy, I have gotten rotten customer service before but nothing like this especially with an issue that so important. Hopefully 'NameJetGM' will be able to help me out. Anyways...enough of my ranting for tonight....I'll be back tomorrow with updates...
UPDATE: As of today, Dec 9 NameJet has put the domain back in my account. Once I was able to deal directly with Steve (thanks Dave Zan for the info) he handled the situation honestly and efficiently...
Congrats and I'm glad that this has been resolved issues for you..
I saw your other thread http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-...situation.html.
But i've chosen to reply here instead...