Anytime you add something that is called for on your entree package, it goes with the entree and doesn't count toward the add-ins for that meal..
Zero calorie, zero sodium, zero caffeine drinks can count as water, yes, but try to get as much of your water in as plain water as you can..
Welcome aboard! Be sure to call and speak to a Counselor (1-800-321-8446, Option 4) and go over your program with him/her. They help you get started off right.
Below I have listed some of the important things you will need to know as you start your NutriSystem journey:.
1. Eat all of your food (mark all of the circles in your Menu Planner) and then stop (and, if you are buying from QVC, you may have a slightly different plan or different food from people buying directly from NutriSystem);.
2. If you are a woman with under 100 pounds to lose, you only get a Low GI Carb with an entree that calls for a small roll or tortilla, then you add a multi-grain or whole-wheat roll (or any of the Carb selections) of between 80-120 calories (or 45 calories' worth of bread or melba toast for the chicken salad). If you have over 100 pounds to lose (man or woman, any plan), you add a Low GI Carb to both Breakfast AND Dinner and an extra fruit serving to lunch;.
3. Read the instructions and information on all of the food packages (see #2);.
4. The milk for the cereal is NOT counted as your Protein/Dairy serving for breakfast, but is part of the entree itself. You still need to add your Dairy/Protein serving if your plan calls for it.;.
5. Your dairy/protein serving should be 100 calories or less, 3g fat or less and 7g protein or more (but you can go as high as 120 calories once per day for yogurt, if necessary to meet the minimum protein requirements);.
6. Have a dairy/protein serving with your fruit to avoid sugar (carb) spikes from the fruit alone that happens to some people;.
7. Drink ALL of your water (64 oz. minimum), and you can count Crystal Light and decaf teas as PART of your water intake, but try to have as much plain water as you can;.
8. If you choose to imbibe alcoholic drinks, you could slow your weight loss and become dehydrated and end up munching snacks when you shouldn't, but you are an adult and it is a personal choice (just count it as completely empty calories and don't skip any food to make up for it);.
9. If you can exercise, DO...just walking is excellent, but do as much as you can;.
10. NO, we do not know how FAST you will lose (even though average, healthful weight loss is approximately 1-2 pounds per week, long term, and is quoted by the Dietitians as being average on NutriSystem after the typical first whoosh of loss by some);.
11. The people on the Discussion Boards are your friends...here to help you, motivate you, and kick your butt when necessary...don't be afraid to ask questions, but if you don't like the answers you get, well, those answers are based on the knowledge and experience of the responder. Ummm, like, don't shoot the messenger, y'know?.
12. You can have up to three (3) "free foods" per day, just not at the same time. A free food is anything 20 calories or less, which includes a Sugar Free Popsicle (15 calories), Sugar Free Jello (10 calories), Sugar Free Gum...anything that you want to take the edge off those munchie times..
13. You may (just may, not always) get GAS...some members refer to them as the NutriToots. Beano and/or Gas-X seems to help..
14. Be sure to read and study the MINDSET MAKEOVER under the MY PROGRAM tab above. It really does help you get your head around this lifestyle change..
Thanks Pam this really helped me, I have been on program for 5 weeks and did not know about the free foods and the extra low GI carbs. You are fantastic and great job on keeping your weight off..
Thanks for the great information. It is nice to find it all in one place. I am at the end of my forth week and check the discussion boards daily for information and support. Have a great day.
Thanks Pam. Very useful info. Yet another list to print and stick to my fridge! Whatever works right?!.
Pam is a blessing to all of us...no one knows it AND shares it like she does. I think there are thousands of people impacted by her efforts on the boards..